List:       activemq-dev
Subject:    [NuGet Gallery] Message for owners of the package 'Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ'
From:       NuGet Gallery <support () nuget ! org ! INVALID>
Date:       2023-09-26 9:41:32

User JonasRademar &lt;Jonas.Rademar@vasttrafik.se&gt; sends the following message to \
the owners of Package 'Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ 2.1.0 \
(https://www.nuget.org/packages/Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ/2.1.0)'.

Hello,

Can&#39;t for the life of me find where to report issues. This contact form was the \
closest bet, sorry if it inconvenienced you.

The nuget Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ version 2.1.0 is marked as being compatible with \
Apache.NMS &gt;= 2.0.0. But checking the source code, it is in fact compiled with \
Apache.NMS 2.0.0 and so does not implement the Apache.NMS 2.1.0 version of \
INMSConsumer, and so lacks the implementation of AsyncListener. So when I upgraded \
both Apache.NMS to 2.1, and Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ to 2.1, it throws exceptions during \
the FactoryFinder &quot;FindFactoryType&quot; when it scans all assemblies, and finds \
the 2.1 version of the interface, which the Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ NmsConsumer \
doesn&#39;t correctly implement.

Please either mark the Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ as requiring exactly 2.0.0; or better yet, \
update it to implement the new interface.

I would also beg you to improve the debug experience by having a slightly better \
error handling in the &quot;FindFactoryType&quot; than currently, which does catch
{
return null;
}
and caused all kinds of confusion for me, as the error message that I got was that it \
could not find the TransportFactory for &quot;TCP&quot; when it throw exception and \
just returned null.

Best Regards
Jonas

    To stop receiving contact emails as an owner of this package, sign in to the \
NuGet Gallery and  change your email notification settings \
(https://www.nuget.org/account).

Privacy Statement (https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=521839)
Microsoft Corporation
One Microsoft Way