List:       activemq-dev
Subject:    Re: [DISCUSS] Guidelines for new Jiras and Commit messages
From:       Christopher Shannon <christopher.l.shannon () gmail ! com>
Date:       2022-03-28 10:37:17

As I said in my original post I don't think we need to be super strict and
probably don't need to enforce anything (at least not yet). When I started
the thread to establish guidelines I meant that...they would just be
guidelines or a checklist that can be loosely followed as a template for
people to help them out with filling out new Jiras. There's going to be
reasons to deviate but it could be a good starting point.

My goal here is not to create a bunch of work on people or for it to be a
big burden, just to help make sure Jiras have useful info. So maybe at
first we just add a section to the committer page that just describes the
kind of information a good Jira and good commit message should contain and
go from there vs establishing anything formal or enforced.