List:       activemq-dev
Subject:    =?utf-8?Q?=5BPROPOSAL=5D=C2=A0Improve_ActiveMQ_5_build_stability?=
From:       Jean-Baptiste Onofre <jb () nanthrax ! net>
Date:       2021-03-12 12:57:43

Hi guys,

Now that we have Jenkinsfile in our repo, and we use Jenkins pipeline, we \
dramatically improved our build: the build is executed for each PullRequests or \
commit on the main branch.

However, we have lot of failing tests, causing quite systematically the build failing \
on ci-builds.apache.org.

We really need to have a clean, accurate and stable build: it will improve the issue \
detection and simplify the review, especially for PullRequests.

I ran several builds on my machine (with different docker containers) and I already \
identified some failing/flaky tests:

- activemq-leveldb-store/src/test/java/org/apache/activemq/leveldb/test/ElectingLevelDBStoreTest.java \
                is not a big deal as I have a PR removing leveled completely
- activemq-stomp/src/test/java/org/apache/activemq/transport/stomp/Stomp11NIOSSLTest.java. \
                Chris did an improvement, but I still have some flakiness here.
- activemq-unit-tests/src/test/java/org/apache/activemq/usecases/DuplexAdvisoryRaceTest.java

I propose the following action plan:

1. Create the Jira for each failing/flaky tests
2. Exclude the tests (in surefire plugin configuration) to have a "green light" on \
Jenkins. 3. For each Jira, we work on a PullRequest, to be sure that Jenkins is still \
"happy".

Anyone willing to help on (3) is welcome !

If there's no objection, I will start with (1) and (2).

Thanks,
Regards
JB=