List:       activemq-dev
Subject:    Re: [DISCUSS] Jekyll versioning on the website
From:       Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemmell () gmail ! com>
Date:       2020-07-13 12:41:57

One approach seems to be continuing as is, but using something like
https://bundler.io/ to install a more consistent set of gems so that a
consistent jekyll is used by everyone

For another approach, the site publishing bits have supported
performing an automated Pelican build ages, and it seems they have
since added Jekyll support:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/git+-+.asf.yaml+features#git.asf.yamlfeatures-JekyllCMS

The site repo would need reorganized to work with that it seems, but
it looks like it could be made to build master upon pushes and commit
the Jekyll output to another branch in the repo which is then
published. Perhaps using a staging area for the publishing rather than
going direct to the live site, so you can check it first before then
doing another simple push to add the output to the live published
branch.

Robbie