List:       activemq-dev
Subject:    Re: The best forum for Artemis configuration questions
From:       Justin Bertram <jbertram () apache ! org>
Date:       2019-10-10 0:27:41

The user list is, in fact, the best place for usage/configuration
questions. The dev list is for developers who are working on an ActiveMQ
code-base. For what it's worth most, if not all, of the developers on the
dev list are also subscribed to the user list.

In my opinion the best thing you can do for anybody trying to help you is
to make it easy for them to reproduce what you're seeing. If you're hitting
an actual bug then a developer is going to have to reproduce the problem in
order to verify any solution. If you aren't hitting a bug and there's just
some kind of misconfiguration then having a reproducer than can be tweaked
and re-run easily will make finding the problem simpler. Usually there are
so many moving pieces, configuration options, and questions about how
exactly things are observed to get to a real solution with just a
description of the problem via text.

Also, keep in mind that this is open source and most folks are volunteering
their time. If you motivated to look you can surely find the answer in the
code-base.

Justin