List:       activemq-dev
Subject:    ActiveMQ stops receiving messages after servers left idle for few hours
From:       Look_ash <basu1 () o2 ! pl>
Date:       2019-03-26 8:01:56

Hi,

I've been browsing the forums for last few days and tried almost everything
i could find, but without any luck.

The situation is: inside our Java Web Application we have ActiveMQ 5.7 (I
know it's very old, eventually we will upgrade to newer version - but for
some reasons it's not possible right now). We have only one broker and
multiple consumers.

When I start the servers (I have tried to do so for 2, 3, 4 and more
servers) everything is ok. The servers are comunicating with each other,
QUEUE messages are consumed instantly. But when I leave the servers idle
(for example to finally catch some sleep ;) ) it is no longer the case.
Messages are stuck in the database  and are not beign consumed. The  only
option to have them delivered is to restart the server.

Part of my configuration (we keep it in properties file, it's the actual
state, however I have tried many different configurations):
BrokerServiceURI=broker:(tcp://0.0.0.0:{0})/{1}?persistent=true&useJmx=false&populateJ \
MSXUserID=false&useShutdownHook=false&deleteAllMessagesOnStartup=false&enableStatistics=true
 ConnectionFactoryURI=failover://({0})?initialReconnectDelay=100&timeout=6000
ConnectionFactoryServerURI=tcp://{0}:{1}?keepAlive=true&soTimeout=100&wireFormat.cache \
Enabled=false&wireFormat.tightEncodingEnabled=false&wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=0
 BrokerService.startAsync=true
BrokerService.networkConnectorStartAsync=true
BrokerService.keepDurableSubsActive=false

Do you have a clue?