List:       activemq-dev
Subject:    [DISCUSS] Prometheus prototype
From:       Clebert Suconic <clebert.suconic () gmail ! com>
Date:       2019-03-18 21:32:32

I was doing some quick tinkering with what Victor Romero did on his
docker image for artemis,

and I tried to bring it into Artemis,

I inteded to allow users to do with the create command:

./artemis create FOLDER --jmx-exporter

and that would be enough to enable Prometheus JMX exporter.

however, the way I did, by changing artemis.profile, made the agent to
also be used within other CLI commands such as exporter, print-data..
etc...

So, I am wondering what is the best way to deal with this:

I needed to only enable the exporter on the run command, however I
need the --javaagent to have it working.

Here is a prototype:

https://github.com/clebertsuconic/activemq-artemis/tree/prometheus

I thought about tinkering with the shell script, looking for some
arguments in a way it would be enabled on run.

Any ideas?

--
Clebert Suconic