List:       activemq-dev
Subject:    Re: MQTT Durable Messages and Topic
From:       Christopher Shannon <christopher.l.shannon () gmail ! com>
Date:       2017-02-21 15:53:49

If you set your QoS=0 then it should be a normal topic sub and not a
durable.  The documentation is on http://activemq.apache.org/mqtt.html

"ActiveMQ is a JMS broker in its core, so there needs to be some mapping
between MQTT subscriptions and JMS semantics. Subscriptions with QoS=0 (At
Most Once) are directly mapped to plain JMS non-persistent topics. For
reliable messaging, QoS=1 and QoS=2, by default subscriptions are
transformed to JMS durable topic subscribers. This behaviour is desired in
most scenarios. "