List:       activemq-dev
Subject:    Re: Build tools: Groovy scripts
From:       James Strachan <james.strachan () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-02-22 9:45:29

Hi Mats

Just a heads up - I've finished with my refactoring for the
generation of the command classes for C# and C++ so now most of the
logic is in the Java code base classes, so the groovy scripts are now
mostly just the template. We can auto-generate the C++ .hpp and .cpp
classes.

I've not checked in the generated classes yet (I've not even tried to
compile them :) but they kinda look close to being right. The missing
area is probably gonna be choosing the right type name expressions
for each type in the OpenWire commands together with their default
values. So unless there's any typos in the generation scripts...

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/activemq/trunk/activemq-
core/src/gram/script

then the most likely place that we'll need to patch is in these 2
functions in this Java base class...

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/activemq/trunk/activemq-
core/src/gram/java/org/apache/activemq/openwire/tool/
OpenWireCppClassesScript.java

So feel free to experiment and see how good or bad a job I've
done :). To generate the OpenWire artifacts type the following

cd activemq-core
maven -o openwire:generate

(first time you might wanna ommit the -o to download any dependent
jars, but since this takes a while, I tend to work in offline mode
frequently in maven).

I'm now working on refactoring the marshalling code generation for
Java & C# and to create the auto-generated marshalling code for C++;
so Mats if you wanna tinker with the generation of the command
classes please be my guest. I'll report soon when I've completed the
refactor of the marshalling code generation.

James

On 20 Feb 2006, at 15:03, Mats Forslöf wrote:
> Excellent, thanks!
>
> Looking at them now, please let me know if I can assist in any way.
>
> Regards,
> Mats

James
-------