List:       acpi4linux
Subject:    [Acpi] Re: 2.4.1-test10 (fwd)
From:       Simon Richter <Simon.Richter () phobos ! fs ! tum ! de>
Date:       2001-01-23 10:29:12

>From the lkml.

   Simon

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 00:04:08 -0500 (EST)
From: Derek Wildstar <dwild+linux_kernel@starforce.com>
Subject: Re: 2.4.1-test10

I am having ACPI problems with a dell inspiron 5000e, I hear it has a
broken implementation of APM, so could quite possibly have a broken ACPI
also.  When ACPI is enabled in the kernel (-pre10 and earlier ones also)
the system soft-hangs after loading the ACPI definitions.  both
ctrl-alt-del and alt-sysrq-b will restart the system.  If there is
anything else i can do to provide more info please let me know.  Running
without ACPI or APM is stable, even with the r128 kernel
drivers/XF4.0.2...battery usage is a bit quick, however =)

-dwild