List:       acpi4linux
Subject:    [Acpi] 2.4.0-test4 kernel ACPI fails on BP6.
From:       David Woodhouse <dwmw2 () infradead ! org>
Date:       2000-07-16 17:26:35

Debugging this has been a PITA because I can only load the acpi
interpreter module about three times before the machine powers down - on
the fourth attempt it just powers down immediately.

It appears that acpi_ns_lookup() called from around line 272 of
dispatcher/dswload.c (in acpi_ds_load2_begin_op()) is failing to find
"DBG1".

DSDT disassembly attached. This is a BP6 with the latest (RU) BIOS. Is
this their fault or ours, and if the former, can we do anything to work
round it?

--
dwmw2

["dsdtdisasm-bp6-rubios.gz" (APPLICATION/x-gzip)]