List:       acpi4linux
Subject:    Re: [ACPI] JVC 731 ACPI problems
From:       Sebastian Henschel <acpi () kodeaffe ! de>
Date:       2005-05-30 22:50:35

[Attachment #2 (multipart/mixed)]

hello moe...

* moe <moe@mbox.bz> [2005-05-30 22:21 +0000]:
> i recently bought a JVC 731 Centrino/Pentium M subnotebook.
> is it possible to make acpi work properly on it?
>
> right now i have various problems under vanilla kernel 2.6.10;
> e.g. the remaining battery time is way overestimated, standby and
> suspend to ram/disk don't work.
>
> the missing suspend-functionality bothers me the most since it
> significantly limits the machines runtime.

i use kernel 2.6.11 on that machine and suspend-to-disk works quite well.
i did not play around much with ACPI, though.

attached are my kernel config and my suspend script.

cheers,
 Sebastian

#!/bin/bash

rmmod ipw2100

/bin/echo -n "disk" > /sys/power/state

modprobe ipw2100
ifup eth1

["config-2.6.11.bz2" (application/octet-stream)]