List:       acpi4linux
Subject:    [ACPI] Re: 2.6.12-rc3-mm2: ACPI problems
From:       Brice Goglin <Brice.Goglin () ens-lyon ! org>
Date:       2005-05-26 7:22:08

 (Andrew Morton a écrit :
> Brice Goglin <Brice.Goglin@ens-lyon.org> wrote:
>
>>I'm also seeing a (small) problem with ACPI for a few -mm kernels
>>(at least since -rc2-mm2, IIRC).
>>I don't have a /proc/acpi/button/ anymore.
>>My computer is a Compaq Evo N600c laptop.
>>ACPI is generally working great here.
>>
>>In 2.6.12-rc3, I have:
>>/proc/acpi/button/lid/C1A4/info
>>/proc/acpi/button/lid/C1A4/state
>>/proc/acpi/button/power/PWRF/info
>>/proc/acpi/button/sleep/C1A3/info
>>Nothing in rc3-mm1 (even no /proc/acpi/button/ directory).
>>
>>I didn't find any interesting difference between dmesg from rc3 and
>>rc3-mm1. Both show these lines:
>>ACPI: Power Button (FF) [PWRF]
>>ACPI: Sleep Button (CM) [C1A3]
>>ACPI: Lid Switch [C1A4]
>>

> Is this one still occurring in 2.6.12-rc5 and/or 2.6.12-rc5-mm1?

This problem is only is -mm (still in rc5-mm1),
not in any -rc (especially not -rc5).

I didn't get any response about this report. But, looking at
the code, I finally thought that's a feature, not a bug.
The entire code for this /proc/acpi/buttons disappeared
from drivers/acpi/buttons.c
So I guess ACPI guys wanted to drop it ?

Button events are still reported well in /proc/acpi/events.
I don't need anything more.

Thanks,
Brice