List:       acpi4linux
Subject:    Re: [ACPI] CONFIG_ACPI_DEBUG cost
From:       Pavel Machek <pavel () ucw ! cz>
Date:       2004-10-31 18:48:23

Hi!

> The static size of the built-in part of ACPI nearly doubles with
> CONFIG_ACPI_DEBUG=y.
>
> Thinking we should have a less heavyweight DEBUG build option for use by
> production kernels -- any volunteers to look into it?

Its worse than that, it looks very ugly in the sources. See for
example return_VALUE() macro...

I think acpi debugging crap^H^H^H^Hstuff should be simply removed in
favor of people running kgdb or something like that. ["If you want to
print all names of functions being entered, you should probably be
using debugger in the first place"]

When debugging acpi I end up doing printk's anyway because those
built-in macros produce just too much of output...

								Pavel