List:       acpi4linux
Subject:    Re: [ACPI] Re: [patch 1/1] thinkpad fn+fx key driver
From:       Hiroshi Miura <miura () da-cha ! org>
Date:       2004-09-29 4:33:48

At Tue, 28 Sep 2004 12:06:18 +0200,
Pavel Machek wrote:
 <snip>

> > I like this one, too. But we can modify only hotkey drivers to
> > suport it.
>
> I do not understand. Are there keys that can not be fit into input api?

Yes and No. All event can fit to input api. but some of event is well handled by
acpi event handling scheme,I think.

For example, lcd brightness control. This feature on Panasonic laptop is implemented
on acpi dsdt, so it is derivered by hotkey driver. I think these features controled by
acpi subsystem should handle in acpi/acpid scheme.

In my pcc_acpi driver, acpi-handler and hotkeys utility combination,
setting values of lcd brightness is done by acpi-handler that acpid call.
And hotkeys utility displays values with reading brightness from /proc/acpi/pcc/dc_brightness.

Hiroshi Miura  --- http://www.da-cha.org/  --- miura@da-cha.org
NTTDATA Corp. OpenSource Software Center. --- miurahr@nttdata.co.jp
NTTDATA Intellilink Corp. OpenSource Engineering Dev. -- miurahr@intellilink.co.jp
Key fingerprint = 9117 9407 5684 FBF1 4063  15B4 401D D077 04AB 8617