List:       acpi4linux
Subject:    [ACPI] DSDT Change (Compaq Presario 2100)
From:       Andre Eisenbach <andre () eisenbach ! com>
Date:       2004-05-28 13:21:25

Hey!

Sorry for semi spamming the list tonight - but I'm finally getting places :)

As previously mentioned, my Compaq as well as many other HP model notebooks
slow down considerably when running on battery. Short off "ACPI=off" there
seemed to be no workaround.

Well, tonight, while recompiling the DSDT a few times to remove warnings and
errors, I stumbled across this (in method SMSL

If (0x01)
{
	Store (\_SB.PCI0.ISA.EC0.TTDC, TRDC)
	Store ("AC remove! Set Throttle Duty Cycle ---: ", Debug)
	Store (TRDC, Debug)
	Store (0x01, TREN)
}

I am assuming that the "If (0x01)" was put there by a developer to disable
this throttle duty cycle mechanism easily for testing, or maybe for different
OEMs.

In any case, I changed "If (0x01)" to "If (0x00)" and voila, I am typing this
email from KDE with the power cord unplugged - no slowdown at all.

Now my questions:

1) Does this sound sane?
2) Should I submit the updated DSDT to acpi.sf.net?

Cheers,
   André