List:       acpi4linux
Subject:    Re: [ACPI] Located the problem with the VIA KT400 board
From:       Andrew de Quincey <adq_dvb () lidskialf ! net>
Date:       2003-07-14 15:53:59

On Monday 14 July 2003 16:32, hgfelger@hgfelger.de wrote:
> Salut Andrew,
> might it be a good idea to then step back to try creating an normal IRQ
> resource if the extended one failed?

Yeah, I was thinking about that. However, the problem only occurs when you
have IRQs > 15, and unfortunately, you cannot specify IRQs > 15 in normal IRQ
descriptors.... they're a bitfield aren't they?

That particular KT400 BIOS only ever returns IRQs > 15 from the _PRS method
for those link devices. So I've no idea how it could ever work.

I've really no idea what you should/can do in this case.