List:       acpi4linux
Subject:    Re: [ACPI] Really weird usb problem with acpi.
From:       Stian Jordet <liste () jordet ! nu>
Date:       2003-03-31 22:33:10

tir, 01.04.2003 kl. 16.18 skrev Pavel Machek:
> Hi!
>
> > With acpi enabled, everything works perfect, EXCEPT the keyboard/mouse.
> > I just get the infamous "device not accepting address" message.
> >
> > But if I boot the computer with ps/2 keyboard and mouse. Pulls out the
> > ps/2 keyboard and mouse, and plugs in the usb-cable, the
> > usb-keyboard/mouse works. But if I then restart the computer with the
> > usb keyboard/mouse still attached, I'm back to "device not accepting
> > adress".
>
> Disable "emulate ps/2 when you have
> usb" support in bios.
> 				Pavel

Actually, I had tried that already. But there is another option in my
BIOS; "PS/2 Mouse Function Control", which let me choose to reserve
irq12 even if there is no mouse connected. That did the trick :) Thanks
a lot for giving me the inspiration to check this :)

I have seen Alan say that some mb's with MPX chipset need to have a
mouse connected even if it's not used, but it is actually needed here as
well. Asus CUV266-DLS (with Via Apollo Pro 266 chipset).

Btw. even if you choice to disable ps/2 emulation would have worked,
that wouldn't have been a good option, since I use Grub, and have
several kernels (for testint 2.5.x), which I would have been unable to
select between. But now everything works perfect :)

Regarding my "oh noone helped me" post, I'm really sorry. I really don't
know why I wrote that. It wasn't meant like that. I'm sincerely sorry.

Thank you very much for you patience :)

Best regards,
Stian