List:       acpi4linux
Subject:    [ACPI] ACPI on Thinkpad 240X, fan problem?
From:       Matthew Garrett <mjg59 () srcf ! ucam ! org>
Date:       2002-06-27 0:57:06

After looking at the instructions on the Intel website and Ducrot Bruno's
page, I've managed to patch my DSDT to get ACPI working (it was the same
OKEC issue that several other people seem to have had). I can now see my
fan and battery, which is great. The files are at
www-jcsu.jesus.cam.ac.uk/~mjg59/acpi .

However, once the temperature of the system has dropped below the trip
point, my fan doesn't seem to switch on
again. /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THRM/trip_points says:

critical (S5):           100 C
passive:                 95 C: tc1=2 tc2=3 tsp=40 devices=0xc11cfdc8
active[0]:               60 C: devices=0xcbf784c8
active[1]:               66 C: devices=0xcbf784c8

but I seem to need to echo something to /proc/acpi/fan/FAN/state to get
the fan to switch on once it's dropped below 60, even if the temperature
is now 70. Am I misinterpreting what the trip_points output means?

Thanks,
--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@srcf.ucam.org