List:       acpi4linux
Subject:    [ACPI] 2.5.24 ACPI and SCSI
From:       lwspm () o-o ! yi ! org
Date:       2002-06-25 13:23:58

yesterday I built and installed a minimal 2.5.24 kernel on a Dell 1650, and it
appeared to work reasonably.

I then enabled ACPI - CPU enumeration only, and tried again.
This configuration does not boot.  POST and GRUB and kernel load are fine,
initialising the drivers is fine until it gets to initializing SCSI, at which
point the SCSI driver (aic7xxx) starts slowly printing error messages on the
console.

I have a couple of questions:

1.  how do I go about capturing these initial messages?  they scroll off my
console too quickly to copy them down by hand...

2.  any tips on where to start looking for this problem?  I'm ok with hacking
kernels, but not at all familiar with the Linux ACPI support.  Is there any
documentation of "what Linux device drivers must do to be compliant?"