List:       acpi4linux
Subject:    [ACPI] ACPI crashes on Compaq Presario 1720CA
From:       Jean-Marc Valin <jean-marc.valin () hermes ! usherb ! ca>
Date:       2002-05-29 2:17:59

Hi,

I own a Compaq Presario 1720CA laptop and I tried the latest ACPI
patches. With both 20020517 and 20020503 all I get is a crash early in
the boot (before the filesystems are mounted). For both versions, the
crash occurs right after ACPI initialization and there is no error
message at all: the machine just stops responding.

With previous versions, there's no crash but there's a problem with the
battery status. All the ACPI modules load fine and I can read
processor/thermal/ac_adaptor/... info. However, whenever I try to read
the battery info my keyboard just stops responding. The system does not
crash, the battery information seems correct... just no keyboard
anymore.

My machine:
Compaq Presario 1720CA laptop
Mobile Pentium III 1 GHz
512 MB RAM
ATI Radeon Mobility M6 (8 MB)
Kernel 2.4.18
RedHat 7.2 & 7.3 (tried both)
XFree86 4.1 & 4.2 (tried both)

Does anybody have an idea what the problem is? For those interested,
email me and I can send you my dsdt.

Thanks,

	Jean-Marc

--