List:       acpi4linux
Subject:    Re: [Acpi] shutdown using power button
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () caldera ! de>
Date:       2001-10-25 8:17:04

On Thursday 25 October 2001 06:56, Logu wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  Can someone give me the proper procedure to be followed to enable shutdown
> using power button with linux-2.4.12. I have been trying it for past one
> week with different combinations but I couldn't able to achive it. Now what
> happens is that I am unable switch off the machine even.
>
> Expecting help from all you kind people.

You load in the kernel (either by compiling or by modprobing) ospm_system and
ospm_button. Then you compile acpid and compile the example script in
/etc/acpi/events. It should call init 0 on the event "button power":

# This is a sample ACPID configuration.
event=button power.*
action=init 0

Greetings, Stephan