List:       acpi4linux
Subject:    [Acpi] shutdown using power button
From:       "Logu" <logulinux () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-10-23 13:48:08

Hi all,

I am very new to this list. I want get some info from you gurus. How to
properly shutdown the computer using the power button. I did compiled the
linux-2.4.12 with acpi and apm enabled. While installing the module I get
errors saying 'unresolved symbols' all from acpi.
Is it necessary to put some patch.

    Someone plz help me how to over come this problem and do proper shutdown
using the power button. Is there any other means to achieve this.

I tried a code piix4acpi.c from
http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~matsu/i82371/index-e.html for shutdown using power
button, it worked in 2.2.5 kernel but not with 2.2.19 or 2.4.x series.

Thanks in advance.
-Logu