List:       acpi4linux
Subject:    [Acpi] A bug?
From:       Frans Englich <frans.englich () telia ! com>
Date:       2001-09-20 21:33:07

I've been running kernel 2.4.10-pre10 and tried ACPI. The problem is that it
won't shut down the computer when I execute poweroff. I've also tried with
APM and it didn't work either. Yes, I did include the ACPI/Bus Manager/System
but it didn't help.  In apm I also enabled "Use real mode APM...". Is this a
bug or have I done anything wrong? Note, Win2k and Win98 shuts down the
computer just fine.

System

Slackware 8.0
Kernel 2.4.10-pre10