List:       abiword-user
Subject:    Abiword Mail Merge 2.8.2 help or suggestions needed
From:       JP Edwards <jpedwardspost () yahoo ! co ! uk>
Date:       2015-06-17 11:15:50

Dear Abiword User Group,

I can't seem to get abiword mailmerge working.

I was hoping to be able to use abiword mailmerge as a 'headless' (I have a text only \
vps) pdf document generator for a php application.

I've set up a simple test case -

From the command line I have tried:

abiword -m test.csv -p test.ps mergetest.abw

but I get the error message:

The '--print' option has been removed as of AbiWord 2.8.

In fact I don't actually need to print anything all I need is the merged document \
which I hope to be able to turn into a pdf document again calling a headless abiword. \

eg

abiword --to=PDF -o pi_template_simple.pdf pi_template_simple.abw

Anyway, does mailmerge work in abiword 2.8.2 and if not are there any plans to fix \
it.

Also, why does the mailmerge need the -p option at all?  Just generating individual \
merged .abw documents from the csv file would be great.  Printing could take place at \
a later step at the users discretion.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Regards,

JP.