List:       abiword-user
Subject:    Re: Problem
From:       Thierry de Coulon <tcoulon () decoulon ! ch>
Date:       2015-01-01 8:32:58

On Thursday 01 January 2015 06.20:13 pappygnk@juno.com wrote:
> I downloaded AbiWord 2.8.6 last May and have used it to compose some
> memos and docs.  I have recently tried to open Abiword to do additional
> work.  The program will not open.  I have tried repeatedly.  I have tried
> to download the program again but it will not download.
>
> I need help.
>
> I have an HP computer with AMD processor, 64 bit system type, Windows 7
> Home Premium program with most of my storage space unused.
>
> When I click on AbiWord in the task bar, I see a small image of the open
> page but the program does not open when I click on the small image or
> when I double click on the image or the taskbar AbiWord spot.
>
> David Gunn
> pappygnk@juno.com

I'm not a Windows user, but to help anyone will need more information.

I would say you should open a console (or whatever it's called in the Windows
word, command prompt maybe) and start Abiword from there (again a guess, the
command could be abiword).

You should then get some error message(s) that could help sorting out your
issue.

Regards,

T. de Coulon