List:       abiword-user
Subject:    Re: 2.9.2 won't open odt files
From:       Ron Schwiesow <nanron62 () msn ! com>
Date:       2013-08-24 20:41:37

Hub,

Thank you for your willingness to try. While working with a test .odt
file to send you (attached), I discovered an explanation or work-around
or analysis or something that might be of use to others with a similar
problem.

It turns out that abiword was reading the page size as 612 inches by
792 inches and showing the centered heading only. So, I couldn't find
the text. Perhaps the .odt file is written badly (by KWord 3.5 if I
recall correctly) or 2.9.2 looks in the wrong place for page size. In
any event, it's easy to fix page setup.

Result is that I can edit my old .odt files with abiword 2.9.2, and I
am happy. I look forward to a long association with abiword.

Ron

> If you have the document I can try.
["TM09skpg.odt" (application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text)]