List:       abiword-user
Subject:    Re: customize toolbar?
From:       Alan Horkan <horkana () maths ! tcd ! ie>
Date:       2008-01-19 1:08:55

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008, Luis Villa wrote:

> Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 09:43:17 -0500
> From: Luis Villa <luis@tieguy.org>
> To: abiword-user@abisource.com
> Subject: Re: customize toolbar?
>

> On Jan 18, 2008 9:41 AM, Luis Villa <luis@tieguy.org> wrote:

> > This may be a dumb question, but...

I hope not, I too asked this question many years ago.

> > I can see 'Allow Custom Toolbars' in edit->preferences->general
> >
> > I can see view->toolbars->lock layout
> >
> > Both of those are set appropriately. (i.e., custom toolbars are
> > allowed, and layout is unlocked.) (They do seem redundant. :)
> >
> > But for the life of me I can't figure out how to actually customize
> > the toolbars. I've right clicked, I've control-clicked, I've tried to
> > select and delete (selection seems broken, which I think is an a11y
> > problem.) None of these things work- I still have the same cluttered
> > toolbar I started with. :) Any pointers?
>
> Linux, Abi 2.4.6, BTW.

Once you selected the option to Customize toolbars you can then drag and
drop the icons to rearrange them as as you please, move them them to the
other toolbars even.  Makes sense but it is a little too subtle compared
to what we have come to expect from other applications.

Hope that helps.

--
Alan