List:       abiword-user
Subject:    Re: Sending Bad Import Samples
From:       "J.M. Maurer" <j.m.maurer () student ! utwente ! nl>
Date:       2005-04-12 1:41:48

Hi James,

> I'm toying with the idea of writing a AbiWord Help (manual) Menu on the
> Mac, once I see exactly how Help Menus are implemented.
>
> In lieu skittishness of Trojans and viruses, is it permissible to
> e-mail Abiword engineers sample pages w/images to examine since pages
> and pictures speak louder than explanations and descriptions? I've a
> doc with mixed images and mixed fonts in .RTF imported from Mariner
> Write that comes across messed up in AbiWord translation.

Instead of sending them directly to us, we encourage everyone to file
bugreports in our bug database at http://bugzilla.abisource.com . You
can attaching the files that are not opened properly to the bugreports.

This will A) prevent the report from being forgotten B) allows every
(potential) developer to look at the files, and possible fix the import.

If the files are confidential, then you might consider it to send them
directly to a developer whom you trust. Bugzilla is the normal route
though :-)

Thanks,
  Marc