List:       abiword-user
Subject:    Re: Saving smart quotes
From:       Dom Lachowicz <domlachowicz () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2005-04-06 2:04:02

The 2.x.x versions don't really support smart quotes.
They never worked correctly and caused more problems
than they were worth at the time. They may make a
resurgence in a future version of AbiWord.

On Linux, the GNOME Human Interface Guidelines say
that preferences should be "instant apply" which means
that there should not be a "Save" or "OK" button in
that dialog, but rather that your changes should be
saved automatically, which they are.

Best,
Dom