List:       abiword-user
Subject:    Re: Abi2LaTeX
From:       Francis James Franklin <postmaster () alinameridon ! plus ! com>
Date:       2005-01-20 18:14:29

On 20 Jan 2005, at 01:08, Alain Schremmer wrote:
> 1. At this point, my interest in Abi is only because it seems to offer
> a route for converting stuff from MS Word to LaTeX.

AbiWord's LaTeX exporter isn't the most mature of exporters but please
file bugs as you find them ( http://bugzilla.abisource.com/ ).

> a. I cannot open MS Word X v1 files.

Uh oh. *Please* file bugs with some examples.

> b. Abi seems to hang when I try to copy-paste more than a few pages
> from MSW to Abi. Admittedly, these pages are heavily formatted.

Again, please file a bug...

> c. Abi seems to resist Force Quit.

Nothing can resist Force Quit :-)

> d. When I Save as LaTeX, Abi crashes but the .tex file is there and
> fine.

I noticed this recently. Are you using MacOSX 10.2?

> My reason for this post is to know if this is well known and/or if
> anyone might be interested in some of the ugly details for the sake of
> debugging.

Always interested in bugs, even if sometimes we don't know how to fix
them...

Thanks, Frank