List:       abiword-user
Subject:    Re: OVR function
From:       Alan Horkan <horkana () maths ! tcd ! ie>
Date:       2004-06-26 23:09:10

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004, Dom Lachowicz wrote:

> Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 16:37:50 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Dom Lachowicz <domlachowicz@yahoo.com>
> To: Paul <psaulm119@verizon.net>, abiword-user@abisource.com
> Subject: Re: OVR function
>

> Paul,
>
> Hit the "Insert" or "Ins" key on your keyboard. Thanks
> for the kudos.
>
> Dom
>
> --- Paul <psaulm119@verizon.net> wrote:
> >
> > I'm using Abiword 2.0.7 on Win XP. The last few weeks, I have had my
> > use of Abiword severely limited by the fact that now, the blinking
> > cursor is red, and at the bottom toolbar, OVR is indicated.  In MS
> > Word, you can just click on it and it will go away or come back.

I'm glad the developers added the change of colour to the cursor as it
makes this issue so much easier to identify.

It seems to be a question that almost everyone asks once until the purpose
of the Insert key is explained to them.

I didn't realise that MS Word allowed you to click on OVR/INS to change
its state which is a nice touch, so I should probably file a request in
bugzilla asking for that feature in Abiword shouldn't I? (but I encourage
Paul to save me the effort and request it first).

- Alan