List:       abiword-dev
Subject:    Open Text Summarizer - new file format translations.
From:       Nadav Rotem <nadavrotem () mail ! ru>
Date:       2003-07-31 17:55:23

Hi  list!

we have worked hard in the past few weeks to enable the support of new features
to the Open Text summarizer. We now support stemming , grouping and have a new parser.
With these changes we now have a new file format. This file format will define many of
the rules that were hard coded in the past in XML. The new file format is flexible easy to read.

If you want OTS to be able to summarize texts in your language please look into it.
With 24 languages supported under the old file format chances are you wont start from scratch.

A tutorial for translators is available here:
http://www.abisource.com/lxr/source/ots/doc/ots_file_format.zabw

At the moment the only language that supports all features is english. Lets change that.

-Nadav Rotem