List:       abiword-user
Subject:    Re: vi bindings
From:       Alan Horkan <horkana () maths ! tcd ! ie>
Date:       2003-05-19 22:50:43

On Mon, 19 May 2003, Alan G Isaac wrote:

> Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 18:23:08 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
> From: Alan G Isaac <aisaac@american.edu>
> To: abiword-user <abiword-user@abisource.com>
> Subject: vi bindings
>
> Glowing report:
> I've been using the vi bindings, and while it
> would be better to have more, let me say that
> it is *wonderful* to have these.
> Alan Isaac

Please send patches.  Please.

There are quite a lot of bug reports against this feature already in
Bugzilla (it has its own category).
Detailed descriptions even, might be helpful in encouraging others to work
on the feature.

There are plenty of people who agree with you and I think regular mentions
of the feature has brought it to more peoples attention but no patches
yet.

I would have thought that the people who would use Vi keybindings would be
exactly the kind of people most likely to send patches to improve them.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan
http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/