List:       abiword-user
Subject:    Re: Re: How to install 1.9.1 on Windows? (Total newbie!)
From:       "Stephen Viles" <sviles_abi () iinet ! net ! au>
Date:       2003-05-14 4:58:35

> On Tue, 2003-05-13 at 19:23, Ann P. Barry wrote:
> > I'm running Windows 98, and I've downloaded AbiWord 1.9.1.
> > WinZip extracted the various files to a Windows/Temp folder, but I don't
> > know what to do next to actually install the application. I don't find
> > anything that looks like a usual Windows installer file.
> >
> > I've checked various ReadMe's and the FAQ.
> >

> I don't think win32 binaries are available yet for 1.9.1, what you
> downloaded was probably source code.  Once win32 binaries are available,
> you'll see them listed on sourceforge.net as a ".exe (32-bit Windows)"
> type of file.  That's what you'll want to download and install.
>
> Mikey

Please be aware that 1.9.1 is an unstable development version.  If you are a
total newbie to AbiWord, I recommend that you use the stable 1.0.5
(non-bidirectional) version, which you can download from:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/abiword/setup_abiword.1-0-5.exe

But please feel free to use the 1.9.1 version (when built for Windows) if you
want to help us find bugs.

Cheers - Stephen.