List:       abiword-dev
Subject:    Re: Windows Installer L10n - request for developer assistance
From:       Chris Leonard <cjlhomeaddress () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-07-16 5:29:38

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 2:45 AM, Prashant Bafna <appu.bafna@gmail.com> wrote:
> I haven't much worked with either the NSH files or the Encodings till
> now, but I'll certainly like to help with this in whatever way I can.
> Let me know how you want to proceed.

Prashant,

Attached is a zip containing replacement NSH files.

They are all UTF16LE encoded with Windows line endings.

As for next steps, I think we should proceed as follows.

1) Save a copy of the pre-modification NSH files from msvc branch as
back up, just in case I have mangled these.

2) Replace any matching, existing files with the ones in the attached zip.

3) Create a test build for Windows, then test installs for as many of
these as feasible:

Albanian
Czech
English
Slovak
Spanish
Welsh

4) Determine next steps on basis of results.

5) I have a few more PO files completed to turn into NSH files (Fulah,
Galician, Dutc)(and I will work on them and any others completed, but
it would be good to know if the changed English install works first.
The previous English NSH was in Western (ISO-8859-15) with Linux line
endings, so even it may be a good test case.

cjl

["UTF16LE.zip" (application/zip)]