List:       abiword-dev
Subject:    Re: Reading for potential GSoC students
From:       Keith BOWES <zooplah () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-03-31 23:49:04

Je 2011-Mar-31 je 16:03, Martin Sevior skribis:

> In order to help understand the
> basics of how abiword works have a look at these two presentations.
>
> http://www.abisource.com/papers/guadec4/
> http://www.abisource.com/papers/guadec5/

I wish those had been available when I was in GSoC, but I found the
AbiWord code quite well-organized.  There have been some projects that
I've been interested in (b2evolution and Midnight Commander, to name
two) that I couldn't make heads or tails out of.  It's obviously not
just me; I was reading that the Eudora programmers took two years to
deliver a Thunderbird-based version of their client because it took them
that long to figure out the code.  Personally, I've never even figured
out how to successfully make an addon or alter a theme (I did alter an
addon (just some simple JavaScript) back in the Suite days).