List:       abiword-dev
Subject:    Re: Need pointer to track down font metrics / character spacing problem
From:       John Wehle <john () feith ! com>
Date:       2009-01-29 21:01:28

> Do all font do this? Or do just some of them?

The few I tried do this.

> My first guess is fontconfig is not working correctly.

Perhaps ... though I'd expect to see a larger scale problem
if that was the case (i.e. menu problems or some other GTK
application having a problem).

In any event, I'm digging through the source code and was
wondering which file / function to start at.  I.e. when
you enter a letter in a document function X is called
which uses function Y to get font metrics and then
function Z to place the letter on the screen.  Knowing
an entry point (i.e. the name of function X) could save
me some time wandering around in the wrong direction.

-- John