List:       abiword-dev
Subject:    Re: Online translations?
From:       Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan <sharuzzaman () myrealbox ! com>
Date:       2007-12-24 12:18:22

Ryan Pavlik wrote:
> I have been hearing a bit about Pootle [1], an online translation thing
> (like Rosetta but Free and installable wherever and apparently much
> better) - mostly through p.g.o and the Sugar (OLPC) mailing lists.
> Would this be something we might want to use to boost our translation
> percentages [2] and increase responsiveness of localization updates?
>
> [1] http://www.wordforge.org/drupal/projects/wordforge/tools/pootle
> [2] http://abisource.com/contribute/translate/

Other than using Pootle, I would suggest Abiword to be listed with
Translation Project (TP).

With TP, translator only need to submit the translation to TP-Robot via
email, and the robot will perform basic translation check. If everything
is OK, TP-Robot will submit the email to the translation coordinator in
Abiword.

Abiword must supply the required POT file, and translator will fetch it
from Translation Project website. Translation can be performed using
poEdit for Windows.

It is lot more easier compared to setting up online translation system.

Take a look at URL below:

http://translationproject.org/html/welcome.html
http://www.poedit.net/

-----