On Thu, 2003-07-10 at 13:56, Rui Miguel Seabra wrote: > Hi, > How does ots handle two word expressions? > I ask this because some non important words that are one in english, in > portuguese they're actually two :) > > Regards, Rui Hi Rui, This is a good question. After I finished reading Fitzgerald's "The Great Gatsby" I started thinking about expressions such as "old money" , "west egg" , "well done"... In practice these should be treated as one word. Another example is "New York". what is this "new york"? Is the york new? Is the article talking about both YORK and NEW ? I was thinking about running another scan to find these phrases. The scan will be O(n^2); when scanning for non important words (we need to come up with a name for them) we just remove them from the list so the best thing to do is to list both words of the expression in the list. -Nadav