List:       abiword-dev
Subject:    Re: OTS - Help in translations is needed!
From:       Dom Lachowicz <domlachowicz () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2003-07-09 13:59:54

> Here's a language file for Norwegian Nynorsk
> (attached).
> Please commit it to CVS.

Thanks! (you can commit it to cvs too if you'd like -
'cvs co ots')

> I called this file 'nn.dic'. AbiWord uses the code
> 'nn-NO', not 'nn', for the Norwegian Nynorsk locale.
> Will the
> language file still work on Norwegian Nynorsk
> documents
> in AbiWord?

Yeah. The AbiWord plugin I wrote uses the language
part of ll_CC where ll = the language. We could make
more specialized dictionaries for ots (US english, GB
english, etc...) but since the word lists are actually
"commonly used, meaningless excluded words", these
aren't likely to differ between en_US and en_GB that
greatly.

Cheers,
Dom