List:       abiword-dev
Subject:    Autocorrect spelling
From:       Jonathan Drews <j.e.drews () worldnet ! att ! net>
Date:       2002-11-10 17:10:32

Hi:

 I am adding spell check words to Koffices Kword and I thought I might offer
to add those words to Abiword's spellchecker too. That is if it is needed or
wanted by the Abiword team. I have Abiword 1.0.3 compiled here and it runs
fine. However I cannot find the tables that contain the autocorrection words.
I looked in abiword-1.0.3/abidistfiles/dictionary and I see that these files
are binary. In Kword the autocorrection format looks like this:

<!DOCTYPE autocorrection>
<Word>
<items>
<item find="anniversery" replace="anniversary" />
  <item find="agressive" replace="aggressive" />
  <item find="allwasy" replace="always" />
  <item find="appeares" replace="appears" />
			.
			.
			.

I was wondering if Abiword used something similar and where it might be. Alan
Horkan was kind enough to send me some examples and ktech helped too but I
was unable to find the correction hash. I am not a developer, I volunteer on
kde-docs. Let me know if this is of use to you folks.

										Cheers

										Jonathan