List:       abiword-dev
Subject:    Re: commit (HEAD): style import work
From:       "Tomas Frydrych" <tomas () frydrych ! uklinux ! net>
Date:       2003-06-08 8:55:25

Hi Dom,

> If all of the importers first import normal.awt to get
> the document and style information, and if those
> properties aren't overwritten by the importer itself
> (i.e. probably only rtf, doc, or abw will do this), do
> we need to have this pref once we have a way to set
> the value somewhere in the UI? I'm thinking not.
If we always import document properties from normal.awt (both for new
and existing docs) than we do not need to have this preference. To me
this is by far a better solution, because the change of that
preference currently requires AW restart. However, I was under the
impression that there were some objections to loading the props from
normal.awt from other folk on the list.

The importStyles() mechanism only imports styles, not the doc props.
For the AW importer alone we will need to implement extra mechanism
for import both of doc props and styles (should be done together to
avoid parsing the template twice). This is trivial, and I will do it
later today.

Tomas