List:       9fans
Subject:    Re: [9fans] Interoperating between 9legacy and 9front
From:       "Noam Preil" <noam () pixelhero ! dev>
Date:       2024-05-17 16:16:44

> The absence of Fossil from 9front was the one I found most difficult to
> overcome, but at least in theory only the equivalent of "fossil/conf" (an
> rc script I eventually shoehorned from plan9port) is essential. I can see
> how it would be inconvenient to need to support software that is
> significantly complex, especially when it must also be able to be embedded
> in the kernel.

Actually, adding fossil back in to 9front is extremely simple; I have a
branch at https://git.sr.ht/~pixelherodev/plan9 which has fossil
integrated.

The talk I gave at IWP9 was running from fossil on my 9front branch.

If my changes are too extensive compared to 9front (it's a personal
branch, so I wouldn't blame you for thinking that), I'm happy to even
create a branch that's just 9front+fossil. It's really not hard.

- Noam Preil