List:       9fans
Subject:    [9fans] a restriction of events in Acme
From:       Alexander Sychev <santucco () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-10-30 9:15:27

Hi,

I would like to make a patch of Acme to restrict of sending of events.
In a 'ctl' file of a window will be send string 'events xxx', where xxx - a
list of events Acme can send.
For example, 'events LXx' allows Acme to send events about looking in a
body and executing in a tag and in the body of the window

The restriction is needed to avoid of loading of CPU and to reduce a
latency in events handling. When amail prints status of mailboxes and
messages, there is a lot of text inserting events  I don't need, but I have
to handle them.

Actually, the patch is already done. But I would like your opinion for a
next case: should I restrict event origins too? For event types I have the
use case, but for event origins do not have.

--
Best regards,
  santucco