List:       9fans
Subject:    Re: [9fans] PUSH sources for Plan 9
From:       Noah Evans <noah.evans () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-01-29 22:32:15

Hey Akshat,

I received your previous message, I just haven't had time to answer it.

The reason that is failing is because the arguments are one stack
frame above the commands being executed.

The value should be:

Xsimple (echo  14 10 6 )

I promise I'm not ignoring you.

Noah

On Sat, Jan 29, 2011 at 9:31 PM, Akshat Kumar
<akumar@mail.nanosouffle.net> wrote:
> Hi Noah,
>
> I pinged you offline. Not sure if you got my
> messages.
>
> It seems that your fan-in operator creates
> the pipes, then they're passed along to the
> ORF and IRF through argv (via the fan-out
> and fan-in respectively). I've checked that
> indeed the pipes are being created, by
> running push -r ... and subsequently
> checking /fd to make sure the corresp.
> file descriptors are there. And the '-r'
> flag even tells me:
> Xsimple (../fdcat ) (13 9 5 )
> Xsimple (echo ) (14 10 6 )
>
> and yet, my IRF and ORF programs
> don't receive any arguments - the argv
> list is empty for both. Any ideas why
> this could be?
>

> Thanks,
> ak
>

> On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 2:30 AM, Noah Evans <noah.evans@gmail.com> wrote:
>> You need filters and the filters need to be set up by default in
>> rcmain. Anthony is on top of things as usual :) It would be nice to
>> have other users and if you are interested in exercising it ping me
>> offlist.
>>
>> Noah
>>

>> On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 10:08 AM, Akshat Kumar
>> <akumar@mail.nanosouffle.net> wrote:
>>> Is "broken!" the default prompt, or am I
>>> seeing some error here? A primitive
>>> grep of the source files didn't reveal
>>> any instance of that string, so I wonder...
>>> Also because:
>>>
>>> broken! echo hello |< cat >| cat
>>> rc (push): empty argument list
>>> rc (push): empty argument list