List:       9fans
Subject:    Re: [9fans] interesting qemu problem
From:       Georg Lehner <jorge-plan9 () magma ! com ! ni>
Date:       2010-03-28 14:34:46

ron minnich wrote:
> [..]
> I don't see why venti has gotten so memory hungry, this seems new
> behavior. I realize I can twist the knobs myself but geez, this is a 4
> GB disk -- why does it think it needs nearly 400 MB RSS to deal with
> it?
>
> ron
Please note that quite a lot of installation problems mentioned recently
on the
mailing list have been related to venti beeing very memory hungry.

Without beeing able to contribute technically to a solution i propose to
mitigate
it by adding support for setting up venti parameters in the installation
scripts,
or by setting safe values by default and leave performance tweeking to the
experienced.

Regards,

    Jorge-León