List:       9fans
Subject:    Re: [9fans] using acme/Mail from plan9port in Linux
From:       Mathieu Lonjaret <mathieu.lonjaret () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-11-21 22:27:18

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 10:33 PM, Lorenzo Bolla <lbolla@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> can anyone point me to a document (if any) that explains how to use
> acme/Mail to read e-mail in Linux?
> I couldn't find any useful information in the plan9port distribution and it
> does not work "out-of-the-box".
> Thanks for your help!
> L.

1) build and install mailfs
cd $PLAN9/src/cmd/upas/
mk install
cd nfs
mk install

2) configuration
cd $PLAN9/log; chmod 666 smtp smtp.debug smtp.fail mail >smtp
>smtp.debug >smtp.fail >mail
cd $PLAN9/mail/lib
edit rewrite
optionnally edit remotemail

3) authentication
factotum
factotum -g 'proto=pass service=imap server=your.imap.server
user=you_there !password?'

4) run it!
mailfs -t your.imap.server (-t is for tls)
button 2 exec on  'Mail' in acme (without the quotes)
(you need the plumber running for everything to work as expected in acme)

hth,
Mathieu