List:       9fans
Subject:    Re: [9fans] Daylight savings time
From:       Dave Eckhardt <davide+p9 () cs ! cmu ! edu>
Date:       2008-03-23 18:29:58

> Copy the correct timezone file for your locale from
> /adm/timezone into /adm/timezone/local.

Though if the file for your locale is updated from sources
(e.g., the recent U.S. DST change), the copy called "local"
won't change along with it.  I noticed last summer that
I was suffering from exactly that sequence of events.

I've wondered for a while about the advisability of
  bind /adm/timezone/US_Eastern /adm/timezone/local
in /lib/namespace.local.

Dave Eckhardt