List:       9fans
Subject:    Re: [9fans] how to run screensaver on cpu server console
From:       "andrey mirtchovski" <mirtchovski () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-07-31 20:17:57

that was a hack to allow "locking" of terminals as per management's
requirements: http://mirtchovski.com/lanlp9/rlock/index.html

not really sure that's what Antonin was looking for.

there is blanking for vga enabled displays (man 3 vga) but i'm not
sure consoles can actually be blanked if there's no vga running on
them. you can, of course, run aux/vga without starting rio and use the
hardware blanker with a low blanktime. or you can also just unplug the
monitor cable.